- Design components and assemblies of new products
- Create detailed component drawings and assembly aids to be used as manufacturing
- Design tooling to aid in manufacturing
- Develop BOMs and work instructions
- Communicate with and provide support to engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing teams to resolve technical issues, provide clarifications, and schedule status
- Inspect key incoming fabricated parts, disposition of certain non-conforming materials and document rework instructions
- Support manufacturing with component issues and design guidance
- Cross check drawing packages and maintain related quality system
- Other duties as required
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of design experience with strong proficiency in SolidWorks including modeling, sheet metal, assembly aids, and proficiency in GD&T.
- Strong spatial visualization ability and demonstrated skill designing equipment for manufacturability.
- Knowledge of process equipment and related local supply chain.
- Experience with PDM (product data management) an asset.
- Hands on experience in machining and prototyping is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure error-free designs.
- Efficient time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.